Client brief: Sophie Kirk
Sophie approached me asking if I could shoot some jewellery for her. She had seen the produce shots that I had taken of the Marc by Marc Jacobs watch and wanted me too shoot the handmade earrings she had recently crafted together.
– There was no time restriction on the delivery of the shots however I wanted to get these done asap for her to put in her portfolio.
– Free to play with composition and perspective but the shots should depict the fact that the product is a earring.
– Two sets of earrings to shoot.
– She wanted the earrings shot on a plain surface with no reflection which meant that there was minimal room for playing around with reflection and shapes.
– The images should only be of the front of the earrings as the crucial part of the earring was the engraved pattern on the front.
– Sophie did not have any specific shots in mind nor direction on composition just the request to play around and utilise the frame.
Here are the post-production and post-edit shots:
TWO SETS TOGETHER: