Short summary of summer progress…
The following list is a short summary of the areas/ideas that I have looked at over summer:
– Problems with over-manipulating images
– Creating the correct dissertation title
– Hyperreality: Jean Baudrillard & Umberto Eco
– Practical experiments using photo manipulation
– Practitioners: Anna Hill & Zilla Van Den
I feel as though there has been more progress with background reading rather than practical experiments however I feel as though the practical experiments I have produced so far are heading into the right direction and convey visually the type of manipulation that I am talking about within advertising, my experiments so far have mainly been with food and drink products and furthermore I want to look into the emotional responses that manipulated images create on a audience.